Vienna Venue details
How to get there by car
Plenty of pay-parking facilities are available in the streets Andreasgasse & Zieglergasse (approx. 3,00 EUR/hour).
How to get there by public transport
The subway system consists of five lines – U1, U2, U3, U4 and U6. The trains stop at 104 stations along 74.6 km of track. All platforms are equipped with electronic information displays that show the waiting time in addition to the destination.
U-Bahn transfer stations
- Karlsplatz U1, U2, U4
- Landstrasse U3, U4
- Längenfeldgasse U4, U6
- Praterstern U1, U2
- Schottenring U2, U4
- Schwedenplatz U1, U4
- Spittelau U4, U6
- Stephansplatz U1, U3
- Volkstheater U2, U3
- Westbahnhof U3, U6.
Find below the two most comfortable ways to reach the Aula der Wissenschaften
Drive with the metro (U-Bahn) U3, exit at the metro station (U-Bahn Station) Stubentor and walk 7 minutes to reach the Aula der Wissenschaften
Drive with the metro (U-Bahn) U1 or U3, exit at the metro station (U-Bahn Station) Stephansplatz and walk 2 minutes to reach the Aula
The Vienna Transport Authority operates nearly 20 hours per day
- The underground trains (U-Bahn) run from about 5:00 a.m. in the morning to about midnight
- Trams and buses normally stop running earlier
- You can find detailed information in the schedules for the individual linesn (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices, and online
The tickets are valid in all trams, buses and subways of the Vienna Transport Authority. Each stamped ticket is valid up to the destination, including (several) transfers.
- Single ticket: € 2.20 (Children € 1.10)
- 24-hour Vienna ticket: € 7.60
- 48-hour Vienna ticket: € 13,30
- 72-hour Vienna ticket: € 16,50
- Vienna weekly ticket (only valid from Monday to Monday at 9.00 am): € 16,20
Single tickets are also available in trams and buses with a surcharge for € 2.30 (children: € 1.20). They are valid for one ride including transfers.
Companions of people with disabilities can use public transport for free. Please also be aware that in the disabled person’s pass, the note “The holder of the pass requires a companion” must be present and the residence must be in Austria.
Tickets are available at: the multilingual ticket machines (subway stations)
The Vienna Card
for € 13.90 / 21.90 / 24.90 – with 210 benefits
- 24, 48 or 72 hours of free travel on all public transport routes
- more than 210 discounts in Vienna’s museums, heurigers, cafés etc.
- available at tourist information centers, hotels, Wiener Linien (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices, and online
From Vienna International Airport
The best option is to take a bus from airport to the Westbahnhof: www.viennaairportlines.at.
Take the S7 regional line (in the direction of Laa/Thaya Bahnhof) get off at Wien Mitte. From there, take the U3 subway (in the direction of Wien Ottakring) and get off at Zieglergasse.
Take the bus 13A (in the direction of Alser Straße) and get off Kirchengasse. From there, the walking distance is about 10 minutes.
Parking at the Aula der Wissenschaften
There is one car park possibility located within walking distance to the Aula der Wissenschaften, although we suggest to use public transportation.
Aula der Wissenschaften
Wollzeile 27a, A-1010 Vienna, Austria