- Company Size: 340+
- 16 Wesselényi street, 1077 Budapest, Hungary
- Founded: 2015
UNICEF works in over 190 countries and territories to save children’s lives, to defend their rights, and to help them fulfil their potential, from early childhood through adolescence. Our organization’s activities focus on:
- providing a safe and inclusive environment for children through adequate protection,
- reducing child mortality and child poverty by working to reach the most vulnerable children,
- supporting quality learning for every girl and boy, especially those left behind,
- reaching children and families with lifesaving aid and long-term assistance in emergencies,
- empower girls and women so that they can play a full role in society.
UNICEF staff in the field are doing all they can to reach the most vulnerable children across the world. But they also need support to stay fully focused on delivering the best possible results. That’s why we have a Global Shared Services Centre (GSSC) that takes care of these needs.
The GSSC supports more than 150 UNICEF offices and over 16 thousand staff worldwide with HR, payroll, finance, and helpdesk services.
The centre is located in Budapest, Hungary – a country once a recipient of UNICEF’s support after World War II, now a host to several UN offices and an active contributor to fundraising for children.